Here is a list of things that have happened since abruptly leaving my job on Tuesday:
- I had a long lie. On a weekday. And done nothing all day.
- I went to Dundee to visit my sister and bought things to make her new flat feel homely.
- We found a potential new house. Scott and our families went to view it. He called solicitors and we sorted out an agreement in principle.
- I went to Let’s Eat Glasgow and ate some amazing food.
- I had an orange hot chocolate and felt instantly Christmasy.
- I posted my zone card for a refund on the remaining three weeks that I no longer require for my notice period.
- I posted more letters this week than I have in the past few years.
- I tried weetabix and I can’t believe I refused it as a child.
- I tried some beer. Still disgusting.
- I stopped hoarding empty perfume bottles. I really need to get more to replace the finished ones.
- Bullet journalling.
- Played games in a pub for the first time. Who knew staking mini plastic chairs was so fun.
It’s a very rare occasion for both Scott and I to be off on the same day mid-week, so when we are we like to do something and not just sit about and waste the day. I had a meeting at work at 10am (which was cancelled and I didn’t know until I had arrived for it), so we went for breakfast at Costa before embarking on our adventure for the day. Last week we decided to go to Amazonia within M&D’s theme park with our friend Martin. Amazonia is an indoor tropical rainforest filled with exotic animals with the chance to hold some of them. Martin used to work there so he told us so many facts about all the animals and what it was like when he worked there. We spent a good chunk of the day just watching the animals and got the chance to hold a snake, a rainforest beetle and a bearded dragon.
Afterwards we wandered around M&D’s although it is not open for season yet so all the rides were closed. We spent the afternoon posing with statues all around the park and playing in the amusements. Luckily we arrived at Pizza Hut just in time for the lunchtime buffet and we ate ourselves into a food coma. Later that night, Scott and I went to the Garage to see The Blackout for their last Glasgow show, which was a riot as always.
In work related news, I handed in my notice at the home six weeks ago and finished up on Sunday 29th March after six and a half years of employment there. I will miss working there and I will miss the residents but I needed more hours and better pay which they sadly could not give me. Now I currently only work in Greggs, which I really enjoy. This means I no longer have to work every single weekend and that feels great! To celebrate, I am going to Manchester for the Easter Weekend! It’s always nice to get away for a bit.